29 March 2008

i have officially annoyed my friends and family with my incessant knitting chatter. somehow, they just don't get as excited as i do about how quick i can knit with my new addi turbos or that i learned a new stitch. the first couple of projects, sure. there were the oohs and aahs....but i think i'm turning into that person. you know the one....their stuff is kind of cute, in that homemade way but they're not quite good enough yet that it's anything special. and while that may be true.....it's still special and i want people to see it damnit!

enter blog. now it's your own fault if you you read my rambling and look at my lumpy socks.

by the by: look at my lumpy socks!!!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
(the second photo truely showcases the lumptasticness)


i used the adorable adorable flakey baby socks pattern from anny purls. but no sleep the night before (that'll teach me not to refill my meds) and my first try at color work, magic loop AND socks makes mine not quite so adorable. should have just worked on nathan's afghan. but still a pretty good first try.

because i was so tired i only did one repeat of the fair isle pattern and the rest in mindless stockingette. i also tried a three needle bind off which would have been fine if i would have remembered to turn the damn things inside out. doh. i blame sleep deprivation. oh well. this way there's no seam rubbing on baby's foot. yeah. that's it. i also made the color on the toe less thick to match the cuff. but yeah....magic loop is AMAZING. never ever EVER using DPNs or short cables again. ever. dropped stitches and ladders? $10 to $20 for a better length of cable for the project? i will not miss thee.

too bad i have to make the second sock kind of lumpy too, so they match. (yeah. it's intentional. that's it.) then again, if i decide not to subject any of my friend's babies to my ineptitude and just add them to my "first try" pile, that isn't an issue and i can make "prettier ones" right away. but then i have an unmatched sock (which is really more like a bootie because the worsted is so thick and tight). that's annoying. what to do what to do.....no really. tell me what to do.

anyway. i tackled them as an afghan break....but really? i just need to stop getting distracted from the afghan. it's going to end up a christmas present at the rate i'm going. it's still only 1/3 done.....but knitting much faster thanks to my new needles. yay addis!!! the gage didn't even change like i was afraid it would. yay. too bad they cost so much. my pocketbook is hoping hoping hoping that when the options/harmony trial tips i ordered come in a couple days i'll like them just as much.

No comments: